Notes for people with psoriasis
- Exposure to the sun in a reasonable manner
- Keeping skin hygiene and good body
- Avoid stress
- Avoid palms and skin peeling
- Avoid having infected skin exposed to alkaline substances
- Avoid bacterial contamination, especially skin-stabilizing
- Keep the spirit optimistic, do not pressure yourself for the duration of treatment
- Avoid drinking beer. Alcohol is the agent that makes the condition aggravated.
- The diet adds a lot of fish and greens, fresh fruit. Limit grilled food, fried, animal fat, hot spicy foods.
- Drink plenty of water, so you should drink 2.3 times normal.
- Supplement the menu with foods with no folic acid and omega-3
- See if there are signs of a skin infection, see pimples on the skin, especially with fever, muscle aches or swelling because most likely you are suffering from complications of psoriasis.
Treatment of Psoriasis:
During treatment of psoriasis should be considered.
- The patient’s age and general health status, including the pregnancy plan if the female is
- Can psoriasis.
- The skin of the body is affected.
- Previous treatment success or failure
- What are the patients hoping for and what requirements to be achieved in the patient’s lifestyle
- Local treatment: often used for mild or moderate cases of the disease, can be combined with other methods to increase the effectiveness of treatment. Commonly used topical medications such as corticosteroids, retinoid, Tarry, Anthralin, salicylic acid, vitamin D3 derivatives, calcineurin suppression.
- Systemic treatment: often used in cases of severe psoriatic disease. The drug is usually indicated by the doctor including Methotrexate, cyclosporine, and Sulfasalazine.
- Phototherapy: This method uses light rays such as UVA, UVB, lasers for psoriatic treatment. Ultraviolet rays (UV rays) will attack and damage the DNA in the cell, thereby destroying cells in the damaged skin.
- Use of biological drugs that inhibit the specialized ingredients in the immune response. However, the cost of these medicines is now very expensive so it is not widely used.